The Iceplex Surge's mission is to introduce the youth of the Raleigh-Durham area and surrounding communities to the great game of ice hockey. Every child, coach and parent through their participation in the program, can enjoy a positive, character building sports experience while creating a passion for the game.
Iceplex Surge believes that through the development of every individual the entire organization benefits, resulting in great depth and knowledge for the game. Teamwork, sportsmanship and discipline produces a level of confidence that brings success in the competitive hockey environment.
Emphasis will always be placed upon education, personal development, and respect for others. We are committed to creating a partnership with parents of the players and improving community participation. The individual conduct of board members, coaches, players, and parents will be maintained to ensure a positive culture in which all can honor the sport, and exemplify an organization in which to be proud of.
Iceplex Surge honors the idea that first and foremost the program exists for the benefit of the child.
Greetings Iceplex Family!!
I wanted to personally invite all of you to come out to our Surge supplemental try-out which will be held Monday Nov 7th from 6:45p-7:45p. We have spots open on our U10, U12, U14, U16 and U18 teams.
U10 - YOB 2006 and 2007 - Will play in one tnmt Feb 17-20 here in Raleigh and will have 15 icetimes. Cost $410
U12 - YOB 2004 and 2005 - Will play in one tnmt Feb 17-20 here in Raleigh and will have 15 icetimes. Cost $410
U14 - YOB 2002 and 2003 - Will play in 3 tnmts Dec 30 - Jan 1 in Maryland, Jan 14 - 16 in Charlotte, and Feb 17 - 20 in Raleigh and will have 20 ice times. Cost is $685
*U16 - YOB 2000 and 2001 - Will play in 2 tnmts Dec 30 - Jan 1 in Maryland or Jan 14 - 16 in Charlotte or Feb 17 - 20 in Raleigh and will have 10 ice times. Cost is $435
*U18 - YOB 1998 and 1999 - Will play in 2 tnmts Dec 30 - Jan 1 in Maryland or Jan 14 - 16 in Charlotte or Feb 17 - 20 in Raleigh and will have 10 ice times. Cost is $435
Most tournaments are combining the U16/U18 age groups due to low numbers, so, we do have the option to follow that trend in order to field a team.
You can download the Surge brochure so you can have this season's info. We use a practice slot at 6:45p - 7:45p every Monday. Teams will alternate when they have Monday practices. There will also be some all team skill development clinics as well as checking clinics for the U14 - U18 teams. I encourage you to spread the word, email your house league teams, and get the word out so we can have a succesful try-out and build our Surge program into a winner. Cost for the try-out is $15. Please arrive early to fill out the registration form, also please bring a copy of the player's birth certificate and a copy of their current USA Hockey insurance. We need this info to eventuallycertify the team rosters. If you have any questions please feel free to call me on my cell or text me, 919-624-2121, I will be very limited with email this wknd so my mobile is the best way to reach me.
Hockey Director & USA Hockey Referee #1492845
ECCHA NC Regional Director(BRHC Hockey Conferences)
Iceplex Surge Director
2601 Raleigh Blvd
Raleigh, NC 27604
(w) 919 878 9002 x 117
(m) 919 624 2121
- All players must be registered with USA Hockey insurance.
- Practice schedule will be available Mon Sept 12th (Nov 11th for supplemental try out). Practices will primarily be Mondays @ 6;45p or Sat afternoons after 4:30p. (Please allow flexibility with this schedule due to ice availability)
- Membership Card for discounts in ProSharp(Iceplex Pro-Shop)
- U8 – U14 must be Iceplex House League registered. U16/U18 are not required to play Iceplex House League
- 2016-2017 age classifications are:
- U8 Mites – 2008 and Under
- U10 Squirts – 2007/2006
- U12 Peewees – 2005/2004
- U14 Bantams – 2003/2002
- U16 Midgets – 2001/2000
- U18 Midgets – 1999/1998
Congratulations to our CHAMPS!!
2016-2017 Season Brochure
Raleigh, NC Tournaments
- Wishbone –
Nov 25 – 27, 2016
- Bar Code Dry Ice –
Feb 17-20, 2017
- Carolina Classic – Mar 3-5, 2017
Washington, DC Tournaments
- Congressional Cup Midwinter Classic – Jan 13 – 16, 2017
- Mountain King – Jan 13 – 16, 2017
- The Congressional Cup – Feb 17 – Feb 20, 2017
- Presidents Day WJCC – Feb 17 – 20, 2017
- Congressional Cup Spring Classic – Mar 10 – Mar 12, 2017
Nashville, TN Tournaments
- Smokey Mountain Shootout – Jan 13-16, 2017
- Music City Cup – Feb 3 – 5, 2017
- Pond Rockets – Feb 17 – 20, 2017
- Music City Showdown – Feb 24 – 26, 2017
Charlotte, NC Tournaments
- Hemby Cup Midwinter Classic – Jan 14 – 16, 2017
- The Hemby Cup – Feb 18 – 20, 2017
- Hemby Cup Spring Classic – Mar 10 – 12, 2017
Charleston, SC Tournaments
- Palmetto State Golden Puck – Jan 14 – 16, 2017
- Palmetto State Presidents Puck – Feb 18 – 20, 2017
* Any additional tournament that a team chooses to do, the cost is $100 per player. See season team cost section to see how many tournaments are covered by those fees.
** Coaches and Team Managers will decide if they would like to play any of these additional tournaments.